Chicago Commercial Litigation Attorney
Committed to Protecting Your Business
Despite your best efforts, your business may at some point find itself locked in a seemingly unresolvable dispute with another entity. Efficiently navigating these obstacles without jeopardizing the health or exposure to your company will generally require experienced legal assistance.
Our Law Firm has years of experience supporting small- and medium-sized businesses in resolving complex commercial disputes of numerous types. We are familiar with both traditional litigation approaches as well as alternative dispute mechanisms. When your business has been harmed as a result of another party’s conduct, we can help explore your legal options and give you the support you need to recover damages and protect your interests.
Our Litigation Services in Illinois
Our firm offers a full suite of litigation services and is capable of assisting businesses of all sizes. When you meet with our team to discuss your case, we will perform a thorough review of the facts involved, answer your questions, and discuss your legal options.
Our Chicago commercial litigation attorney can assist you with matters involving:
- Breaches of Contract. Even a relatively minor breach of contract can result in significant, cascading financial consequences for a business operating in good faith. We can help your company pursue legal action against those who fail to live up to the terms of their agreements and recover compensatory and/or liquidated damages. Our team can also defend your business if you have been accused of breaching a contract.
- Intentional Torts. Businesses engaging in malicious conduct should be held accountable for their inappropriate behavior, especially when it results in serious financial injuries to your company. We can help you explore legal action against entities engaging in fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with a contract or a business relationship, conversion, theft of trade secrets, intentional afflictions of emotional distress, and more.
- Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA). Illinois maintains arguably the strictest rules governing the collection, handling, and storage of biometric data. This law, and recent Supreme Court decisions impacting its interpretation, can have a tremendous impact on a business’s liability if they have ever collected employee biometric data. We can assist companies in evaluating their potential exposure, ensuring they are in compliance with the law, and defending them against employee legal action.
- Federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Cybercrimes continue to evolve and grow more sophisticated. Should your business suffer from any kind of attack, our team can work to pursue maximum penalties against offending parties.
- Illinois Trade Secrets Act. Trade secrets are often what give a company its unique competitive advantage. When trade secrets are stolen and abused, a business can suffer irreparable harm. We can help you leverage Illinois’s powerful state law to hold perpetrators accountable.
Additional Business Support Services
Our firm also supports new and existing businesses at every stage of their growth. We provide a wide range of services that can give your company the tools it needs to succeed.
Our business services include:
- Entity formation and startup strategy. We can evaluate your business idea and goals before advising on what entity will most readily set you up for success. Our team can also help you strategize on how to most efficiently and effectively grow and preserve your new business.
- Buying and selling businesses. Our firm can facilitate numerous types of business sale transactions, whether you are looking to acquire a business entity or exit from your venture.
- Contract drafting, negotiating, and review. Legally enforceable agreements will serve as the foundation for any successful business, and we can make sure all of your contracts effectively protect your interests. We have experience working with employment agreements, service agreements, purchase agreements, and commercial real estate contracts, including leases and sales agreements.