Chicago Insurance Disputes Attorney
Experienced & Trusted Insurance Disputes Lawyers on Your Side
When a moment of crisis leaves you or your business in a vulnerable state, you anticipate that your insurance company will be on your side. After all, if you have taken the time to select a policy that suits your needs and have dutifully paid your premiums, you should reasonably expect that you receive the swift financial support you paid to receive from your insurance company. Unfortunately, many insurance companies will aggressively work to avoid paying individuals, families, and businesses what they are owed under their policies. This can make an already catastrophic situation worse, as you are left without the financial lifeline you desperately need.
Our Chicago insurance disputes Law Firm can help you resolve conflicts with your insurance company and work to recover the benefits and money your insurance company has a duty to pay. Our firm has over 20 years of experience supporting Illinois individuals and businesses in fights with insurance companies and has successfully managed hundreds of cases.
We are committed to helping our community, which is why we never represent insurance companies. When you come to us in need of legal assistance we will assess your claim, identify potential solutions, and help you understand your options.
Schedule a free initial consultation with our Chicago insurance disputes attorney at Kenny Law Firm to learn more about how we can assist you. Call (312) 647-2483 or contact us online to get started.
Our Service Areas
Our team has assisted numerous Illinois individuals, professionals, and businesses in resolving complex insurance coverage disputes. These conflicts can take many forms, each requiring a unique approach
Our Chicago insurance disputes attorneys can assist you with:
“First-Party” Insurance Claims. Insureds, like you, purchase first party insurance coverage to insure against
loss or damage, but sometimes the insurance companies delay and don’t
pay when a loss occurs or damage is sustained. Some examples of first
party property insurance policies include the following:
- (1) Property, Fire and Casualty policies which protect against damage to property from fire, lightening, windstorms, tornadoes, and similar types of disasters;
- (2) Life Insurance policies which pay out a set sum of money either on the death of the policyholder or after a set period;
- (3) Title Insurance policies which protect lenders and property owners from financial loss sustained from defects in title to real estate;
- (4) Cyber Insurance policies which cover a variety of expenses associated with data breaches;
- (5) Product Recall Insurance policies which cover expenses associated with recalling a product from the market;
- (6) Sureties and Bonds which guaranties the performance of a particular activity or transaction.
When your insurance company refuses to pay or delays payment to you for damage or a covered loss, you may need legal assistance to overcome this. Our team can help you recover proceeds for these types of claims which are referred to as first-party insurance claims. We can also assist you with legal action involving bad faith insurance company litigation that arise out of the insurance company’s vexatious and unreasonable delay or refusal to pay a covered claim.
- Third-Party Insurance Claims. When you are sued by an individual or an organization, you may be entitled to a defense from your insurance company to defend against the lawsuit and if there is a settlement or a judgment you may be entitled to coverage for those amounts as well. When an insurance company refuses to provide a defense or pay a covered claim, the results can be financially catastrophic. We can guide you through the third-party liability claims process, help you receive the benefits and money due under your insurance, and if necessary, file a lawsuit to collect the benefits and money due under your policy.
- Fire Claims. Claims involving fire damage, as noted above are first party insurance claims, can be particularly complex and require precise attention to detail. Insurance companies will sometimes attempt to exploit insurance policy loopholes or leverage an investigation to justify a denial of coverage. We can guide you through each step of the fire claims process and work to ensure you efficiently get the financial support you are entitled to under your homeowners or business insurance policy, and if necessary, file a lawsuit to collect the benefits and money due under your policy.
- Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA) Claims. Illinois has enacted one of the strictest biometric data protection laws in the country, and a recent Supreme Court decision has opened the door to employees and customers pursuing legal action against their employers for any minor statutory violation. As a result, companies that collect, handle or store biometric data run the risk of having to defend against these class action lawsuits that can result in substantial settlements. This exposure, however, may be covered under a commercial liability insurance policy. However, because of the evolving nature and relative newness of BIPA claims, many insurance companies are choosing to narrowly interpret their insurance policies to deny coverage for their insureds. As a result, many insureds are being forced to defend themselves and pay settlements even though their insurance policies potentially cover these claims. Our Law firm can assist your business in navigating these types of disputes.
Do not wait to get help with your insurance disputes. Call (312) 647-2483 or contact us online to discuss your legal options with our Chicago insurance disputes lawyers.