Chicago Personal Injury Attorney
Committed to Your Recovery
In the immediate aftermath of a personal injury, you probably are not thinking about the long-term ramifications. Unfortunately, even a relatively minor incident can quickly become a tremendous financial burden on your family. In addition to medical bills for whatever healthcare you received, you may lose income due to missed work or suffer permanent losses.
When your injury is the result of another party’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated for the losses you experience. Our Chicago personal injury lawyer at the Kenny Law Firm can help you recover the damages you deserve. We can give you the space to recover while we handle the legal legwork. A successful personal injury claim can result in monetary awards covering healthcare costs, temporary or permanent loss of income, property damage, physical and emotional suffering, and more.
What to Do After Suffering a Personal Injury
Successfully pursuing a personal injury claim will require producing evidence that another party was at fault for the incident. This tends to require taking proactive action immediately after an incident takes place.
When you suffer any type of personal injury, you should:
- Ensure everyone involved is physically safe and seek emergency medical care, if necessary
- Attempt to determine what caused your injury
- Collect names, addresses, and telephone number of anyone involved in the incident or any nearby witnesses who saw what happened
- If the incident occurred at a place of business, file a formal incident report with the on-site manager and obtain a copy of their report; for automobile accidents or incidents that do not occur at a place of business, consider calling law enforcement so an official police report can be filed
- Take photographs of the incident area, any dangerous condition that contributed to the incident, any physical injuries you incurred, and any property damage
These elements will help establish a record of what happened and can serve as the foundation for your personal injury claim. The more evidence you collect, the better. Your next step should be to contact legal representation to represent you in your case. Our team can help you understand your rights and can work to recover the maximum amount of damages you are entitled to recover.
Cases We Cover in Illinois
Our Chicago personal injury attorney can assist you with claims involving:
- Automobile Accidents. When another motorist failure to exercise reasonable care when operating their vehicle results in a crash, you have the right to seek the recovery of damages for your injuries. We can help you navigate claims involving numerous types of automobile incidents, including those involving motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians.
- Truck Accidents. Due to their immense size and weight, truck crashes can be especially serious. If your case involves an industrial truck, additional factors will need to be considered when pursuing a personal injury claim. We may be able to help you recover additional damages from the commercial trucking company and any manufacturers liable for defective vehicle components.
- Transportation Accidents. Unique personal injury compensation laws apply for accidents that involve mass transportation vehicles, including boats, trains, airplanes, ferries, and commercial buses. If you were involved in a transportation accident, we can explore how operator negligence and product defects can result in the full recovery of damages.
- Slip and Fall Incidents. Commercial and residential property owners have a responsibility to maintain reasonably safe premises for visitors. Should you experience a slip and fall due to poor maintenance or another hazardous condition, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and property damage. We can assess the facts of your situation and determine if you have a case.
- Professional Malpractice. Professionals hired to assist you in an urgent or even life-threatening manner have a legal responsibility to conduct themselves appropriately. When they fail to live up to these obligations and cause you serious financial or physical harm, you may be able to pursue legal action and recover compensation. These cases will often be especially challenging, as professionals typically retain insurance policies to limit their liability. We can help you explore your options.
- Construction Accidents. Many construction incidents due to unsafe working conditions or the neglect of one or more individuals at the site. We can work to ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve in these situations. Our team can also assess your eligibility for workers’ compensation and any potential third-party liability claim.
- Nursing Home Liability. When you put an aging loved one in an assisted living facility, you understandably expect that they will receive an optimal level of attention and care. Unfortunately, elder abuse in nursing homes can be frighteningly common, and your family deserves compensation when a loved one suffers neglect or abuse. We can help you understand your rights and hold bad actors accountable.
- Workers’ Compensation. If you are injured on a worksite, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation, a government benefits program that will help you cover medical expenses. It will also potentially give you the financial support you need while you recover from your injuries. Our team can help you navigate the state’s sometimes bureaucratic claims system and help you access the compensation you need. If someone other than your employer or a colleague contributed to the on-the-job injury, you may also be eligible to recover additional damages under a third-party liability claim.
- Wrongful Death. When someone dies as a result of injuries sustained in an accident, the individual’s family has the right to pursue legal action against the negligent parties involved. A successful wrongful death claim can help surviving loved ones recover damages for permanent loss of income and emotional suffering incurred.
Our Law Firm is ready to do whatever it takes to help you recover full compensation. Call (312) 647-2483 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.